Courses & Custom Guiding
- For all courses and custom outings, payment is required in full at time of reservation.
- If it is more than 30 days before your start date, you are eligible to reschedule to another date or receive a full credit for a future course. Alternatively, you can receive a refund minus a 10% administrative fee. Cancellations made within 30 days of your start date are non-refundable. You may request to be rescheduled to another date or receive a credit for future use both subject to a 10% processing fee. Within 7 days of your start date, no refund and no exchange option is available.
- After 90 days from date of purchase, all purchases are ineligible for a refund to a credit card – only options for rescheduling or refunding to gift cards are available (within policy).
- As with any outdoor activity, weather plays a large role in decision making for the day. If an outing is cancelled by Colorado Mountain School due to weather, the participant has the option to: reschedule the day, be rewarded with a gift certificate for the value of their outing and/or trip, or be issued a full refund. We do our best to provide the best possible service to our guests and start times may be adjusted to give the team the best possible chance for success based on weather and conditions.
- To request a refund or exchange, simply visit your Orders and click “Request Refund”. All requests will be processed in accordance with the policy stated above. For exchanges, your original order will be refunded to store credit, which you can use to place your new order.
- Payment for lodging is required in full at the time of booking. Lodging deposit is refundable, minus the cost of one night per bed reserved.
- Gift Cards never expire and cannot be exchanged for cash, check or credit.
- Pro discounts are for personal enrollment only. Names are cross referenced to ensure active membership. If enrolling friends or family members, please enroll in them in a separate transaction.
- No returns or exchanges on discounted purchases. All sales are final.
- Course exclusions: Guide Training; hut-based courses; Classic Climbing and Skiing; Expedition & Matterhorn Prep.
- Other exclusions: Expeditions, Custom Guiding, Lodging, and Merchandise.
- Discounts, promotions, and coupons cannot be combined.
- Coupon codes are applicable to new orders only. They cannot, under any circumstances, be applied to an order retroactively.
- All code redemptions are subject to Colorado Mountain School review.
- A 50% deposit is required to confirm your reservation. Full balance is required 90 days before your reservation begins.
- A refund minus a 10% administrative fee can be issued 120 days prior to trip start. 50% will be refunded 90 to 120 days before trip start. 25% will be refunded 75 to 90 days before trip start. Inside of 75 day, no refund is available.
- Expedition Clause: In order for an expedition to run, enrollment at a minimum needs to be at a 2:1 ratio (2 participants & 1 guide). If enrollment for an expedition does not meet the required ratio numbers, the expedition will be cancelled no less than 45 days before the trip start date. If a trip is cancelled due to ratios not meeting requirements, a full refund or credit will be issued. Participants will be notified when an expedition is cancelled. Due to this cancellation clause, we encourage participants to invest in travel insurance.