Rock Climbing Anchors
The first step to being an independent climber is learning how to set up top-ropes. Setting anchors upon which your and others’ lives depend must be done correctly. This one-day class teaches you how to build a variety or rock climbing anchors. These anchors will range from single top rope anchors to advanced multi-pitch anchors.
Knowing how and where to build anchors is a fundamental skill required for all types of rock climbing. Learn to build them well.
- Learn what equipment you need and how to manage a top-rope site
- Learn the difference between a top-rope anchor and a multi-pitch anchor
- Gain insight into how to assess site hazards
- Learn the highest standards for anchors
- Receive constructive feedback from a professional guide
- Gain the knowledge to build anchors and climb on your own
Experience with basic knots, belaying and climbing commands
With a sixteen-bed lodge available to Colorado Mountain School students and the public. SPI candidates are welcome to reserve a bed, but should be aware that there course meets each morning in Boulder - approximately a 50 minute drive from our lodge. Our lodge is located in downtown Estes Park with a full kitchen, WiFi and hot showers. Lodging must be book separately for $40/night. Please call our office for reservations.
All of our courses can be run as private outings. If you're interested in a course, but it doesn't fit into your schedule, please check out our private guiding options.