Big Wall Climbing
Is the big stone in your future? If you are already a solid leader, there are a few additional skills you’ll need for climbing a big wall. Learn them in one day from a professional guide and potentially save yourself the dreaded big wall epic.
- Introduction to big wall gear
- Aid placements
- Fixed rope ascention techniques
- Cleaning roofs and traverses
- Setting up hauling systems
- Rope management
Trad leading experience required
Price includes & Excludes:
- Trained and/or certified guide
- Group climbing gear
- Technical hardware - climbing protection, carabiners,etc
- Technical softgoods - slings, cordellette, etc
- Personal climbing gear
- Rock shoes
- Clothing, backpack and non-technical personal items
- Park Entrance Fees (where applicable)
- Rescue Insurance
- Trip Insurance
- Expenses due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Colorado Mountain School
633 S Broadway St.
Boulder, CO 80305
Colorado Mountain School offers a 16 bunk lodge that is conveniently located upstairs from our office and classroom in downtown Estes Park. The lodge features a full kitchen, WiFi, a lounge and hot showers. Reserve a bed now for just $40 per night (plus tax).
All of our courses can be run as custom outings. If you're interested in a course, but it doesn't fit into your schedule, please check out our custom guiding options.