Become a Rockstar at Crack Climbing
The most important skill for traditional climbing throughout the world is good crack climbing technique. We’re lucky to have lots of great places to practice here in the Front Range of Colorado. This one-day clinic is the fastest way to learn how to become more efficient when climbing cracks. We recommend taking the Intermediate Rock Climbing Course or have similar experience before taking this course. A good resource for this course is the “The Crack Climber’s Technique Manual” by Kent Pease.
An essential course for anyone aspiring to climb traditional rock routes.
- Jam without pain
- Make crack climbing easier by becoming more efficient
- Gain new footwork concepts
- Be ready for any granite or sandstone area
- Avoid unnecessary scrapes and bruises
- Become a better all-around climber
Experience with basic knots, belaying and climbing commands
Price includes & Excludes:
- Trained and/or certified guide
- Group climbing gear
- Technical hardware - climbing protection, carabiners,etc
- Technical softgoods - slings, cordellette, etc
- Personal climbing gear
- Rock shoes
- Clothing, backpack and non-technical personal items
- Park Entrance Fees (where applicable)
- Rescue Insurance
- Trip Insurance
- Expenses due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Colorado Mountain School
633 S Broadway St.
Boulder, CO 80305
Colorado Mountain School offers a 16 bunk lodge that is conveniently located upstairs from our office and classroom in downtown Estes Park. The lodge features a full kitchen, WiFi, a lounge and hot showers. Reserve a bed now for just $40 per night (plus tax).
All of our courses can be run as custom outings. If you're interested in a course, but it doesn't fit into your schedule, please check out our custom guiding options.