After you’ve learned the basics, getting to the next level is all about moving more effectively on the rock. In the one-day Intermediate Technique course, your guide will study your climbing style and pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses. You will then learn the skills necessary to become a better rock climber. Improving your climbing techniques not only improve your efficiency but, it also allows you to climb higher grades. This course will help you learn how to plan climbing sequences and improve your climbing footwork. You will experience climbing on a variety of rock types which include: crack climbing and face climbing.
- Radically improve your footwork
- Learn to plan sequences
- Try crack, slab and steep climbing
- Break through your plateau and advance to the next grade
- Gets lots of climbing with expert instruction
Experience with basic knots, belaying and climbing commands
Price includes & Excludes:
- Trained and/or certified guide
- Group climbing gear
- Technical hardware - climbing protection, carabiners,etc
- Technical softgoods - slings, cordellette, etc
- Personal climbing gear
- Rock shoes
- Clothing, backpack and non-technical personal items
- Park Entrance Fees (where applicable)
- Rescue Insurance
- Trip Insurance
- Expenses due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Colorado Mountain School
Colorado Mountain School offers a 16 bunk lodge that is conveniently located upstairs from our office and classroom in downtown Estes Park. The lodge features a full kitchen, WiFi, a lounge and hot showers. Reserve a bed now for just $40 per night (plus tax).
All of our courses can be run as custom outings. If you're interested in a course, but it doesn't fit into your schedule, please check out our custom guiding options.