Learn to Rock Climb Outside
The Intro to Rock Climbing course covers the basics of outdoor climbing in one day. Our AMGA trained/certified guides are masters at getting your skills up to par so you can be comfortable on the rock. This course teaches a solid foundation of climbing-related skills, while allowing for plenty of time climbing rock. Be prepared to learn a lot. The curriculum covered in the course includes: knot tying, belaying, rappelling, climbing techniques, and climbing. Learning to rock climb is an experience that you will not soon forget! Climbing with our guides and instructors increases your fun, freedom, and confidence. Confidence derived from knowing that you’re with a professional and understanding mentor. You’ll also gain personal confidence by rapidly improving your climbing skills and knowledge through observation and discussion.
Teaches a solid foundation of climbing-related skills, while allowing for plenty of time climbing rock.
- Learn how to manage a belay point and rappel
- Practice basic rock-climbing knots
- Get comfortable belaying outside
- Learn efficient climbing techniques
- Practice basics
- Learn how anchors and complete climbing systems work
No experience necessary
Price includes & Excludes:
- Trained and/or certified guide
- Group climbing gear
- Technical hardware - climbing protection, carabiners,etc
- Technical softgoods - slings, cordellette, etc
- Personal climbing gear
- Rock shoes
- Clothing, backpack and non-technical personal items
- Park Entrance Fees (where applicable)
- Rescue Insurance
- Trip Insurance
- Expenses due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Colorado Mountain School
Colorado Mountain School offers a 16 bunk lodge that is conveniently located upstairs from our office and classroom in downtown Estes Park (1 hour north of Boulder). The lodge features a full kitchen, WiFi, a lounge and hot showers. Reserve a bed now for just $40 per night (plus tax).
All of our courses can be run as custom outings. If you're interested in a course, but it doesn't fit into your schedule, please check out our custom guiding options.