This one day course teaches you the fundamentals of splitboarding. You’ll get plenty of time skinning up slopes and riding back down. More importantly, you’ll be introduced to the craft of backcountry decision-making and technique by one of our expert splitboard guides. Make great strides toward becoming an educated and independent backcountry splitboarder.
- Improve your ability to splitboard in backcountry conditions
- Learn how to tour efficiently while in ski mode, and then how to transition to "ride" mode effectively and efficiently.
- Learn how to stay warm and comfortable
- Understand what gear works and what doesn’t
- Learn how to skin uphill efficiently
- Gain basic route-finding and navigational skills
- Save money – you’ll no longer need lift tickets to find good terrain!
Intermediate downhill splitboard/snowboard skills – you should feel comfortable on blue runs at resorts.
Colorado Mountain School
341 Moraine Avenue
Estes Park, CO 80517
With a sixteen-bed lodge available, Colorado Mountain School provides students the opportunity to spend their entire stay in Estes Park without the hassle of commuting. Our lodge is conveniently located in downtown Estes Park with a full kitchen, WiFi and hot showers. Lodging must be book separately for $40/night for CMS students. Please call our office for reservations.
All of our courses can be run as private outings. If you're interested in a course, but it doesn't fit into your schedule, please check out our private guiding options.