This one day course teaches you the fundamentals of splitboarding. You’ll get plenty of time skinning up slopes and riding back down. More importantly, you’ll be introduced to the craft of backcountry decision-making and technique by one of our expert splitboard guides. Make great strides toward becoming an educated and independent backcountry splitboarder.
- Improve your ability to splitboard in backcountry conditions
- Learn how to tour efficiently while in ski mode, and then how to transition to "ride" mode effectively and efficiently.
- Learn how to stay warm and comfortable
- Understand what gear works and what doesn’t
- Learn how to skin uphill efficiently
- Gain basic route-finding and navigational skills
- Save money – you’ll no longer need lift tickets to find good terrain!
Intermediate downhill splitboard/snowboard skills – you should feel comfortable on blue runs at resorts.
Price includes & Excludes:
- Trained and/or certified guide
- Avalanche Equipment if needed
- Clothing, backpack and non-technical personal items
- A/T or Splitboard Equipment (Recommend Neptune Mountaineering)
- Park Entrance Fees (where applicable)
- Rescue Insurance
- Trip Insurance
- Expenses due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Colorado Mountain School
Colorado Mountain School
341 Moraine Avenue
Estes Park, CO 80517
Colorado Mountain School offers a 16 bunk lodge that is conveniently located upstairs from our office and classroom in downtown Estes Park. The lodge features a full kitchen, WiFi, a lounge and hot showers. Reserve a bed now for just $40 per night (plus tax).
All of our courses can be run as custom outings. If you're interested in a course, but it doesn't fit into your schedule, please check out our custom guiding options.