Leading Sport Climbs
Nature sets the best routes! Do you love leading or toproping in the gym and want to try it outside? Are you hesitant to make the jump? Learning to lead sport climbs from a professional guide can expedite the learning process and help you build a solid foundation of skills. This one-day course will have you sport climbing indoors or outdoors in style. This course will help climbers identify a well or poorly bolted climb.
Enjoying top-rope climbing? Take the next step
- Learn how to use a stick clip
- Learn how to thread an anchor
- Be prepared for success or retreat
- Learn how to clean a route
- Learn how to identify a well or poorly bolted climb
- Meet climbing partners
Proficient with basic knots, belaying and climbing commands
Price includes & Excludes:
- Trained and/or certified guide
- Group climbing gear
- Technical hardware - climbing protection, carabiners,etc
- Technical softgoods - slings, cordellette, etc
- Personal climbing gear
- Rock shoes
- Clothing, backpack and non-technical personal items
- Park Entrance Fees (where applicable)
- Rescue Insurance
- Trip Insurance
- Expenses due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Colorado Mountain School
Colorado Mountain School offers a 16 bunk lodge that is conveniently located upstairs from our office and classroom in downtown Estes Park. The lodge features a full kitchen, WiFi, a lounge and hot showers. Reserve a bed now for just $40 per night (plus tax).
All of our courses can be run as custom outings. If you're interested in a course, but it doesn't fit into your schedule, please check out our custom guiding options.