Rock and Ice Climbing
Mixed climbing is ascending ice and rock, using techniques from both disciplines and inventing a few new ones. On this one-day course, you’ll learn techniques to move smoothly and confidently on rock with boots, ice tools, and crampons. This course is based in Rocky Mountain National Park will help give you that foundation needed for when you head into the high peaks.
Learn to climb mixed routes combining rock and ice. Our guides will introduce new techniques and offer personalized coaching for improvement.
Previous ice climbing experience
Price includes & Excludes:
- Trained and/or certified guide
- Group climbing gear
- Technical hardware - climbing/ice protection, carabiners,etc
- Technical softgoods - slings, cordellette, etc
- Personal climbing gear
- Crampons specific to water ice climbing
- Ice Tools
- Avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe (if needed)
- Clothing, backpack and non-technical personal items
- Park Entrance Fees (where applicable)
- Rescue Insurance
- Trip Insurance
- Expenses due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Colorado Mountain School
Colorado Mountain School
341 Moraine Avenue
Estes Park, CO 80517
Colorado Mountain School offers a 16 bunk lodge that is conveniently located upstairs from our office and classroom in downtown Estes Park. The lodge features a full kitchen, WiFi, a lounge and hot showers. Reserve a bed now for just $40 per night (plus tax).
All of our courses can be run as custom outings. If you're interested in a course, but it doesn't fit into your schedule, please check out our custom guiding options.