Professionalism: Colorado Mountain School employs professional mountain guides that are trained and certified by the American Mountain Guides Association.
- Dedication: Our guides are career guides with a commitment to their craft, and have invested their resources into training to become highly qualified mountain guides.
- Certification: Just over 100 guides in the US have earned certification from the International Federation of Mountain Guides Association (IFMGA). We have more IFMGA guides on our roster than any other guide service in Colorado. Our Guides are American Mountain Guide Association trained and/or certified. All CMS guides have been First Aid or Wilderness First Responder and CPR certified.
- Training: Anyone can call himself or herself a mountain guide in the United States, even without any training. Demand that your guide have AMGA training.
Educational Advantage: Our guides offer more than just their technical skills—our team consists of some of the best educators in the game.
- Teaching Experience: We aren’t just climbers and skiers. Many of our guides have extensive teaching backgrounds, ranging from high school and middle schools, to the National Outdoor Leadership School and Outward Bound.
- Enthusiasm: We have a passion for teaching and working with people of all ages and backgrounds. Our guides love what they do and are psyched to help you experience the environments that inspire them.
- Comprehensive Knowledge: Learning with our guides will give you the confidence of knowing that the skills you have acquired have been taught on the cutting edge of preferred methods. As educators, our guides are uniquely equipped to help you achieve a level of comprehension that even seasoned outdoorsmen lack.
Experience: These mountains are our office. We spend everyday working on peaks and crags throughout the Front Range. Our guides have literally written the books on local climbing areas. We employ a large team of guides, which allows us to draw on a vast array of experience and skill sets. Do you want to learn the intricacies of climbing Denali? We have guides that have spent seasons there. Are you training to climb El Capitan in a day, send 5.14, or ski Mount Rainier? Our guides have done that too.
Our guides can introduce you to the world-class, vertical environments and backcountry of the Front Range. Whether you are a novice who has never climbed before or a seasoned alpinist looking to expand their skill set, our guides can work with you to create a custom outing in the incredible spaces that are our backyard. We provide unforgettable climbing experiences, and enable you to progress to new levels of adventure. Read more about areas we guide and get to know our guides. Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to our adventure together.