Take your avalanche education to the next level with our one-of-a-kind hut trips! Our AIARE 2 Hut Trip run at various huts throughout Colorado. We’ll head into the hut, settle into basecamp, and spend three days and two nights covering AIARE 2 curriculum and exploring backcountry terrain.
Our team is made of experienced AIARE instructors and professional mountain guides with decades of experience in avalanche terrain. This experience comes from the Alps to Alaska to right here in the Front Range of Colorado. Colorado is one of the country’s premier backcountry skiing and splitboarding destinations. This AIARE 2 Hut Trip course combines classroom and field instruction.
Why our AIARE Courses Are Worth It!:
- Colorado Mountain School is the country’s largest AIARE Provider for a reason
- Our Instructors are educators, not just minimally qualified instructors
- We spend the majority of the course in the mountains, not inside
- We provide valuable pre-course material to help you prepare
- Our Instructors are career guides, with decades of personal experience
- Our Instructors are AMGA Ski Guide trained or Certified
- We have a full-time office staff to answer all of your questions
- We supply our students with their own slope meter
- Variety of course offerings to meet our guests scheduling needs. Huts (Berthoud Pass, Peter Estin Hut), Splits, CMS, Level 2’s
- Get avalanche training in the ski venue you ski in locally
- Fully sponsored by industry leaders Dynafit, Scarpa, Backcountry Access
- Full snow safety rental fleet
- Neptune Mountaineering ski shop support with rentals of ski equipment.
Two nights of lodging is included.
The Willow Lodge Cabin is located beside the entrance of the State Forest State Park. This drive-up cabin, just off Highway 14, provides a bit more luxurious way of roughing it. It allows for a conveniently short approach to both comfortable, rustic lodging and stellar, alpine skiing.
Furnishing: Almost 1000 sq ft. Two queen beds in a private upstairs room, six queen beds bunk style (3 and 3), one single futon chair, a folding couch for two+ additional sleeping spots, kitchen table/chairs, solar lights and fully stocked cooking area. The cabin accommodates up to 20, has a giant deck with fire pit, and a double outhouse with water system.
Includes: Mattresses and pillows, propane, propane light, propane cooktop, wood burning stove, snow melt pot, all kitchen pots and pans, all kitchenware, limited paper towels, limited toilet paper, limited matches and newspaper, limited dish soap and sponges, kitchen towels, snow shovel, maul and axe, coffee percolator, fire extinguisher, outdoor charcoal grill (charcoal not included), outside food storage box, table and chairs, outhouse, and yurt journal.
Students are responsible for bedding, food, and water.
- Willow Lodge does not have running water or electricity.
All Upcoming Dates and Locations:
- January 10, 2020 - January 12, 2020 - AIARE 2 Hut Trip - Cameron Pass, Colorado