Take your avalanche education to the next level with our one-of-a-kind hut trips! Our AIARE 2 Hut Trip is based out of the Peter Estin Hut on Charles Peak. We’ll spend Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6pm – 9pm covering course curriculum in a classroom in downtown Denver. On Friday morning, we’ll skin in to Peter Estin Hut, where we’ll spend three days and two nights covering AIARE 2 curriculum and exploring backcountry terrain.
Our team is made of experienced AIARE instructors and professional mountain guides with decades of experience in avalanche terrain. This experience comes from the Alps to Alaska to right here in the Front Range of Colorado. Colorado is one of the country’s premier backcountry skiing and splitboarding destinations. This AIARE 2 Hut Trip course combines classroom and field instruction, providing your group with a solid introduction to avalanche awareness.
1550 Platte St a,
Denver, CO 80202
Why our AIARE Courses Are Worth It!:
- Colorado Mountain School is the country’s largest AIARE Provider for a reason
- Our Instructors are educators, not just minimally qualified instructors
- We spend the majority of the course in the mountains, not inside
- We provide valuable pre-course material to help you prepare
- Our Instructors are career guides, with decades of personal experience
- Our Instructors are AMGA Ski Guide trained or Certified
- We have a full-time office staff to answer all of your questions
- We supply our students with their own slope meter
- Variety of course offerings to meet our guests scheduling needs. Huts (Berthoud Pass, Peter Estin Hut), Splits, CMS, Level 2’s
- Get avalanche training in the ski venue you ski in locally
- Fully sponsored by industry leaders Dynafit, Scarpa, Backcountry Access
- Full snow safety rental fleet
- Neptune Mountaineering ski shop support with rentals of ski equipment.
Two nights of lodging at Peter Estin Hut included.
*in collaboration with Aspen Alpine Guides, under special use permit, US Forest Service, White River National Forest.