Is Arapiles the best crag in the world? It is often referred to as just that. Come experience it and judge for yourself! We will have the opportunity to explore the complex topography of Mount Arapiles, choosing between crack climbing, face climbing, aretes, slabs, overhangs, and more.
While out climbing, we are likely to see kangaroos, wallabies, colorful parrots and possibly even more exotic wildlife! We also have a visit to a wildlife rescue center planned, which will give us an opportunity to get up close and personal with many native animals such as wombats, koalas and the Tasmanian devil.
Heading south to Port Campbell, enjoy a sunset along the Great Ocean Road (don’t forget your camera!). Next, we’re off to Tasmania! We stay in the capital city of Hobart an incredibly beautiful setting, filled with fascinating history and tasty treats.
While in Tasmania, you’ll have a chance to climb at the Organ Pipes, with views over the city, or perhaps at sea cliffs farther afield. And we can’t forget to climb the mighty Moai! Rising out of the Tasman Sea, this dramatic finger of rock is remote, wild, and a blast! It’s a must if you love desert tower climbing.
When you’re done, you may not want to return from Down Under! Want to learn more? See a detailed sample itinerary in the tab above.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When should I book my flights?
The best outcome is for all of us to be on the same flight over to Melbourne, or arriving at a similar time, so your guide will contact you to help facilitate that.
Do I need special chargers/plugs for my phone, camera or laptop?
Yes, the plugs are different in Australia and you will need 1-3 adaptors to charge your electronics. These can be found on Amazon or other online outlets.
- Day 1 – Arrive in Melbourne: meet and greet your guide / fellow climbers before visiting the unique sculpture garden of William Ricketts Sanctuary to stretch your legs, and then sample the local cuisine for dinner.
- Day 2 – Drive to our lodging in Horsham or Natimuk. Stop and visit Brambuk, the National Park and Cultural Centre to learn about Aboriginal culture and the natural history of the area.
- Day 3 – Climb! Our first taste of Mount Arapiles classics!
- Day 4 – Climb at Arapiles, keeping our eyes open and cameras ready for exotic wildlife sightings!
- Day 5 – Climb more classics!
- Day 6 – Final day of climbing at the “best crag in the world.”
- Day 7 – Travel to the seaside village of Port Campbell, take in the sunset at the Twelve Apostles along the Great Ocean Road.
- Day 8 – Return to Melbourne along the beauty of the Great Ocean Road, fly to Hobart, the capital of Tasmania.
- Day 9 – Visit Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, check out the views from the summit of Mount Wellington, explore Hobart.
- Day 10 – Climb the mighty Moai!
- Day 11 – Climb at the Organ Pipes.
- Day 12 – Visit a local museum. Brunch at Cultura! Fly back to Melbourne and enjoy our last night together in Australia.
Day 13 – Head back to the States, or on to your next destination …
Melbourne Airport (MEL)
Expedition Cancellation Policy:
- A 50% deposit is required to confirm your reservation. Full balance is required 90 days before your reservation begins. A refund minus a 10% administrative fee can be issued 120 days prior to trip start. 50% will be refunded 90 to 120 days before trip start. 25% will be refunded 75 to 90 days before trip start. Inside of 75 day, no refund is available.
All Upcoming Dates and Locations:
- No dates found