Join us this Spring to take in the fantastic skiing, unrivaled European culture, and breathtaking mountain scenery, in a hut-to-hut ski trip across the ‘Roof of The Alps’, along the famous Chamonix to Zermatt Haute Route !!
This sought after European backcountry ski trip, traverses across the French and Swiss Alps for 7-days, skiing amidst the glaciers and high mountains of the European Alps, while staying in the comfort and convenience of high mountain guardianed huts along the way.
Spend your days ski touring through some of The Alps most scenic glaciated mountainous terrain! As we move from cozy mountain refuge to cozy mountain refuge, we will travel through across glaciers, amidst towering peaks, and enjoy ski descents through sweeping alpine vistas and steep mountain valleys, on one of the world’s most famous ski experiences….’The Chamonix to Zermatt Haute Route’. Experience a change in culture and scenery as we work away from the bustling alpine village streets and cafes of Chamonix France, to the large scale resort of Verbier, Switzerland, and finally down into the carless streets and small countryside homes below the mighty Matterhorn of Zermatt, Switzerland.
Begin in the alpine village of Chamonix, France, at the base of Europe’s highest peak Mont Blanc, and ski tour along this ‘high-mountain route’, eventually finishing by skiing down the slopes of Zermatt resort, below the mighty walls of the famous Matterhorn.
Along the way, enjoy true European mountain hospitality by staying in guardianed huts and mountain refuges, enjoying large home cooked meals, sipping cold beers or glasses of wine on the stone terraces, and socializing with other excited, enthusiastic, and enjoyable ski tourers from all over the globe!
- Day 0: Arrive and check in to your hotel in Chamonix in the early evening we will have a meeting to check kit, talk about expectations for the week, weather and conditions.
- Day 1: Explore what Chamonix’s slopes have to offer while sharpening up some skills. We aim to ski the classic Valley Blanc before staying a night in Chamonix.
- Day 2: Begin the Haute Route ski tour in Argentiere by skiing off the Grand Montet cable car down to the Argentiere Glacier and the Argentiere Hut for the evening, where we will enjoy French cuisine and views of the north face of Mont Blanc and the Aiguille Verte Mont Dolent.
- Day 3: Ski over the border into Switzerland via either the Col du Chardonnet or Col du Passon and on across the Trient Plateau into the high alpine Trient Hut for the evening. Spend the evening admiring the views across the vast plateau of Glacier du Trient to Aiguilles Dorées and Aiguille du Tour
- Day 4: Ski down the Val d’Arpette and into the small village of Champex where we will take a van transfer over the ski resort village of Verbier. At this stage we will make one of two choices we will either continue on to the Prafleuri hut or we will ski in the afternoon using the lifts in Verbier and stay at the Mont Fort Hut high on the Verbier Resort.
- Day 5: From either hut we will traverse around the Lac des Dix and ascend to the iconic Dix Hut below the impressive North face of Mont Blanc du Cheilon.
- Day 6: The highest point of the Haute Route, we will summit and ski off the Pigne d’Arolla (12454 ft / 3796 m), on down to the impossibly perched stone shelter of the large Vignette Hut.
- Day 7: The final day, and quite possibly the biggest, as we ski traverse across 7 different glaciers to enjoy a huge descent into the quaint village of Zermatt, while skiing directly below one of the most iconic peaks in the world, the mighty Matterhorn. We will wrap up in Zermatt with a final group celebratory dinner before going to bed in the comfort of a hotel!
Chamonix, France evening of March 21st for a Welcome Meeting, Equipment Check, and Group Dinner.
· 50% deposit due with an accepted application
· Balance due 90 days before Day 1 of trip
Expedition Cancellation Policy:
· A refund minus a 10% administrative fee can be issued 120 days prior to trip start.
· 50% will be refunded 90 to 120 days before trip start.
· 25% will be refunded 75 to 90 days before trip start.
· Inside of 75 day, no refund is available.
· The Haute Route expedition requires a minimum of three clients, but may be booked individually. If we cancel a trip prior to its start for low enrollment, we will fully refund your payments. You will be notified at least 75 days prior to the trip. We recommend you confirm your flight itinerary with Colorado Mountain School before booking travel.
All Upcoming Dates and Locations:
- No dates found