Multi-pitch climbing is the ascent of a route with one or more stops at a belay station. A climber leads a pitch, builds an anchor and belays up their partner. The team has the option to swap roles between climber and belayer or continue on in the same roles. This process is repeated until the climb is completed or the party retreats.
This one-day Multi-Pitch Rock Climbing course teaches climbers to follow multi-pitch climbs (for those looking to lead, please see Learn to Lead Trad).
- Proper planning of a multi-pitch
- Review of protection and anchoring
- How the multi-pitch system works
- Communication strategies
- Descending considerations
- Climb a multi-pitch route!
633 S Broadway St.
Boulder, CO 80305
Colorado Mountain School offers a 16 bunk lodge that is conveniently located upstairs from our office and classroom in downtown Estes Park (1 hour north of Boulder). The lodge features a full kitchen, WiFi, a lounge and hot showers. Reserve a bed now for just $40 per night (plus tax).
All of our courses can be run as custom outings. If you’re interested in a course, but it doesn’t fit into your schedule, please check out our custom guiding options.
All Upcoming Dates and Locations:
- August 3, 2021 - August 3, 2021 - Multi-Pitch Rock Climbing - Boulder, Colorado
- August 31, 2021 - August 31, 2021 - Multi-Pitch Rock Climbing - Boulder, Colorado
- September 28, 2021 - September 28, 2021 - Multi-Pitch Rock Climbing - Boulder, Colorado
- October 26, 2021 - October 26, 2021 - Multi-Pitch Rock Climbing - Boulder, Colorado