Ski mountaineers consider this a classic destination due to its accessibility via ski plane and abundance of diverse terrain right outside your front door. Our base camp on the glacier will include roomy tents, great meals with fresh food, and the best view you could imagine! Most consider this a steep skiing destination, but excellent, lower-angled glacier touring abounds and we can custom tailor this trip for any skill level. This is a true Alaskan ski mountaineering adventure that you won’t forget!
What sets this trip apart from other Alaska trips is the focus on true ski mountaineering. You’ll be introduced to and apply both uphill and downhill techniques in glaciated terrain. Steep couloirs cut between dramatic rock walls and wide-open glaciers with complex icefalls are some of the highlights that the Pika Glacier, aka “Little Switzerland” has to offer. We recommend taking an intro to ski mountaineering course, or have previous ski mountaineering experience before attending this trip.
AM meeting in Anchorage, grocery shop and van shuttle to Talkeetna. Pack food and gear in PM.
AM flight to Pika Glacier, set up camp and review rescue skills.
Ski, fly off glacier PM. Night in Talkeetna
Shuttle back to Anchorage for flights home
· 50% deposit due with an accepted application
· Balance due 90 days before Day 1 of trip
Expedition Cancellation Policy:
· A non-refundable $100 application fee will not be refunded from your initial deposit.
· 100% (minus application fee) will be refunded 120 days prior to trip start.
· 50% (minus application fee) will be refunded 91 to 119 days before trip start.
· 25% (minus application fee) will be refunded 46 to 90 days before trip start.
· 0% will be refunded 0 to 45 days before trip start.