Our Half Day Snowshoe Adventure is just what you’ve been looking for. Enjoy the beautiful outdoors of the Rocky Mountains while experiencing the wonder of nature on snowshoes. Estes Park, Colorado offers world-class snowshoeing trails for everyone from first-time hikers to experts. Because of the spectacular setting and convenient location, this outing is perfect for families and individuals who are excited for an introduction to snowshoeing.
Spend the morning hiking around the special areas of Rocky Mountain National Park. Participants meet their guide at the Dao House in Estes Park where they are quickly fitted with equipment. You’ll be outside snowshoeing in minutes. AMGA trained and certified guides will lead a fun and challenging morning of snowshoeing – an adventure you won’t soon forget.
If you are looking for a place to stay, we recommend staying at the Dao House, since you will be meeting there for your snowshoeing adventure.
9:00 – Meet at Dao House, complete waivers, get fitted with rental equipment.
9:15 – Snowshoe from the Dao House into a winter wonderland. Enjoy the scenery and experience Rocky Mountain National Park with a professional guide.
12:00 – Return back to the Dao House, warm up by the fire and enjoy Fondue + Hot Apple Cider.
1:00 – Course close.
Colorado Mountain School
341 Moraine Avenue
Estes Park, CO 80517
Your snowshoeing adventure is based out of the Dao House, so why not make Dao House your overnight base camp? Dao House base camp sits at 9,200 ft. on 84 acres of forests just 7 miles from Estes Park and minutes away from Rocky Mountain National Park. Dao House is one of the largest log buildings in Colorado where each room has spectacular views of Longs Peak at the front and Twin Sisters to the back.
Dao House is offering special rates for Colorado Mountain School’s programs where large lodge rooms with two queen beds are $50 a person. An added activity is the Saturday night movie shown in the theater room with cozy fireplace. A hearty special dinner is served before the movies begin. On Sunday mornings, there is a hearty breakfast available.
Located 35 miles from Boulder, Dao House is the convenient mountain lodge / base camp for starting any adventure into the mountains.
All of our courses can be run as custom outings. If you’re interested in a course, but it doesn’t fit into your schedule, please check out our custom guiding options.
All Upcoming Dates and Locations:
- March 7, 2020 - March 7, 2020 - Snowshoe & Fondue - Estes Park, Colorado
- March 14, 2020 - March 14, 2020 - Snowshoe & Fondue - Estes Park, Colorado
- March 21, 2020 - March 21, 2020 - Snowshoe & Fondue - Estes Park, Colorado
- February 8, 2020 - February 8, 2020 - Snowshoe & Fondue - Estes Park, Colorado
- February 15, 2020 - February 15, 2020 - Snowshoe & Fondue - Estes Park, Colorado
- February 22, 2020 - February 22, 2020 - Snowshoe & Fondue - Estes Park, Colorado
- February 29, 2020 - February 29, 2020 - Snowshoe & Fondue - Estes Park, Colorado
- February 1, 2020 - February 1, 2020 - Snowshoe & Fondue - Estes Park, Colorado