Cameron Pass has an abundance of wildlife to view in the summer months, including moose, black bear, mountain goats, and the elusive mountain pika. State Forest State Park has a multitude of trails and roads for hiking, mountain biking, and four wheeling.
- Hiking: Spend time exploring the State Forest State Park with one of our expert guides with our Hiking course based out of the Seven Utes Yurt.
- Camping and Backpacking: There are endless opportunities for camping and backpacking in the Cameron Pass area. If you are new to backpacking, interested in learning more about backcountry travel, or would like to gain the confidence and leadership skills to plan your own backpacking trips, please join us for one of our Backpacking Development Series programs.
- Fishing: If fishing is your favorite way to spend summer days, the trout are plentiful in the alpine lakes, and the fly fishing is epic on the Canadian and Michigan Rivers.
- Water Sports: If you simply enjoy spending time on the water, take a kayak or standup paddle board out on the North Michigan Reservoir.
Cameron Pass is paradise for Colorado winter adventures! State Forest State Park has an incredible selection of trails for remote snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and snowmobiling excursions. For more information about winter activities available near The Seven Utes Yurt take a look at this State Forest State Park Winter Recreation Guide.
Cameron pass is the perfect destination for adventurous mountain lovers seeking remote locations that are off the beaten path. South Diamond Peak and Seven Utes Mountain are premier destinations for backcountry skiing and riding complete with epic bowls, chutes, and tree skiing.
- Backcountry Skiing: If you want to learn the necessary skills to start riding in the backcountry, check out our ski mountaineering courses.
- Avalanche Training: Proper awareness and decision making are key in the Cameron Pass region, as the snowpack can be unpredictable and dangerous. If you are not properly prepared to manage your risk in avalanche terrain, we recommend joining us for an AIARE 1 Avalanche training course.
Colorado Mountain School has something for everyone who would like to spend time at the Seven Utes Yurt.
- Mountaineering: If you are interested in building your foundational outdoor skills, please visit our Fundamental Mountain Skills program.
- Custom Guiding: For groups and individual adventurers with something special in mind we offer Custom Guided Experiences.
- Other Activities: For more information on the year-round outdoor activities available in the Cameron Pass area, please visit the Activities Guide for State Forest State Park.
Featured offerings at seven utes yurt
AIARE 2 Hut Trip$999.00 Our 3-day AIARE 2 Hut Trips take place at various huts throughout Colorado. Enjoy the luxury of a warm hut and easy access to alpine skiing with the best AIARE instructors around.Learn More
Backcountry Ski & Splitboard Guiding$349.00 – $849.00 Book a custom-guided skiing or splitboarding adventure.Learn More
Backpacking Development Series: Level 1$4,749.00 This course teaches foundational backpacking skills using personal coaching, online lessons, and mountain excursions to prepare students to plan backcountry camping trips and confidently go into the mountains on their own adventures.Learn More
Hiking & Camping$2,249.00 This five-day program introduces you to Fundamental Mountain Skills like hiking, campcraft, navigation, and outdoor preparedness at Cameron Pass which is around 10,000’ high in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains.Learn More