The 40-foot Seven Utes Yurt is spacious and comfortable with propane heat and a wood-burning stove for especially cold days. Enjoy beautiful mountain views of Diamond Peak and Nokhu Crags, amazing stargazing from the large wraparound deck, and spectacularly colorful sunrises and sunsets.
- Parking: There is plenty of parking and access to pristine hiking trails from the front door. See Location details.
- Kitchen: The Yurt has a full kitchen with appliances, dishes, and utensils for all your cooking needs and portable toilets nearby. Enjoy the comforts of the Yurt overnight with a hot, delicious meal from the kitchen including a 6-burner stove, oven, and large refrigerator.
- Heating: The yurt is equipped with a stocked woodstove and propane heaters to keep the interior temperature comfortable.
- Electricity: The yurt is completely off the grid, making it an ideal place to reflect and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Never Summer Range. There is no phone service or wifi at the Yurt. If you need access to the internet or cellular service, you can find it in Gould, a short drive west. Our lights run on limited solar power and guests should not expect to have access to outlets for electricity. So bring your battery charging cells fully loaded!
- Water: There are no showers or running water aside from the Michigan River, a short walking distance away. Dishes are washed using a 3-basin wash, rinse, and sanitize system. Guests should plan to bring their own potable water for drinking and cooking. Alternatively, guest can collect and purify water from the Michigan River nearby – you will need to bring your own water filtration. In winter, water can be supplied by snowmelt and filtered.
- Sleeping and Bedding: This is a co-ed community living environment with very little privacy. There are 16 comfortable sleeping cots that roll out into the communal space to ensure cozy restful nights of sleep for all our guests. Please come prepared with your own bedding like sheets, pillow, and sleeping bag.
- Furnishings: The Yurt is furnished with benches, tables, and chairs that create a relaxing comfortable environment for teaching, socializing, and enjoying communal meals.
- Bathroom: A port-o-potty is just outside and regularly maintained.
Seven Utes Yurt is an ideal place to reset, rejuvenate, and find inspiration in the mountains.